Holiday Gifts that Support Wesley Manor
Looking for a meaningful gift for that special someone? An honor or memorial donation is a perfect Christmas gift! When you make a tribute donation, your designee will receive a beautiful card with artwork from a former Wesley Manor resident, letting them know about your thoughtful gift in their name and the difference it is making at Wesley Manor. Your tax-deductible donation is not only a tribute to someone special in your life, but it also helps Wesley Manor continue our mission of service.
There is a gift tribute form here or call Carrie Burns, Development Office, 502.400.3239 for assistance.
Did you know? The CARES Act Increases Donation Tax-deductibility
This will be the first year in more than three decades that all Americans will receive at least some deduction, even if the donor does not itemize. Thanks to the Cares Act this tax deduction is only through December 31, 2020.
Not itemizing? The CARES Act allows for an additional, “above-the-line” deduction for charitable gifts up to $300. If you are not itemizing on your 2020 taxes, you can claim this new deduction.
Itemizing deductions? The adjusted gross income limit for cash contributions was increased for individual donors. For cash contributions made in 2020, you can now elect to deduct up to 100% of your AGI (increased from 60%).
Corporate giving? The AGI limit for cash contributions was also increased for corporate donors. Corporations can now deduct up to 25% of taxable income (increased from 10%).
Your gifts keep care affordable and enhance senior lifestyles by providing:
- Loving care for all residents, and charitable and subsidized care for those who can no longer pay for the full cost of their care.
- Attractive, comfortable and welcoming living spaces for all our residents in every area of our retirement community.
Thank you for sharing a portion of what God has given to you with us at Wesley Manor! Your gift is truly a blessing to our ministry and the older adults we serve.
Other ways to give:
- Give Online or by Mail: When you consider a gift to Wesley Manor, writing a check or using a credit card to donate online may be the best and easiest way to help.
- Honor a Loved One: Giving an honor or memorial gift is a meaningful way to recognize someone while also supporting Wesley Manor. We will send a special notification to the individual or family that you have honored.
- Vehicle Donation: Donate your car, truck, boat, trailer, motorcycle, etc. to Wesley Manor Retirement Community and help provide support for residents who have outlived their resources! Get started with your donation
Leave A Legacy through planned giving
There are many ways you can support Wesley Manor with planned gifts, in addition to cash. Wesley Manor partners with the Kentucky United Methodist Foundation to facilitate planned giving. Learn which type of gift fits your needs.
- IRAs, Stocks, Donor Advised Funds, Life Insurance: Gifts can also be funded with transfers of stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have increased in value. These contributions may also provide tax savings and may help to reduce or eliminate capital gains tax on assets. A gift of life insurance that is no longer needed may also offer excellent tax benefits.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Through a charitable gift annuity, you can give a gift and receive a fixed income for life. Charitable gift annuities are gifts to Wesley Manor that provide income to you for life or specified period of time. You transfer assets and receive a tax benefit. Then you or a beneficiary will receive income for life or for a fixed period.
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning: Remember the saying: “Where there’s a will, there’s a way”? The best way for you to support Wesley Manor, might be as a bequest in your will or trust.
For more information about planned giving options please contact the development office at 502-964-3959.
Wesley Manor Retirement Community is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Wesley Manor welcomes the assistance of volunteers from various civic, business and church groups. From help with landscaping to senior activities, there’s always something to do! Here are a few ideas:
- Adopt a flower bed
- Games w/ residents
- One-on-one visitation
- Cleaning activity supplies
- Arts & crafts activities
- Help with worship or song leading
If you or your group would like to explore ways to get involved, please contact us.
You can support Wesley Manor through your everyday shopping! Go to the links below to learn more. It’s simple and costs you nothing. Just select Wesley Manor to receive donations, and a percentage of all your eligible purchases will automatically go to Wesley Manor. These donations help support our Charitable Care Fund.
5012 East Manslick Road. Louisville, KY 40219
Fax: (502) 966.0819