Wesley Manor’s greatest strength lies in its dedicated and professional staff. If you have a heart for serving seniors, and you strive to be the very best at what you do each day, we invite you to apply for a position on our team. Wesley Manor Retirement Community is a private, faith-based organization. We offer a nurturing Christian environment with a homelike approach to care. Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug screening and a criminal background check.
Wesley Manor Retirement Community
This position is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Development in an annual fund development plan to support the mission of Wesley Manor Retirement Community. Duties include database management and data integrity, gift processing including gift entry, tracking, acknowledging, and reporting. The position oversees all functions related to donor and database management using Bloomerang products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the creation and implementation of WM’s Development Plan, including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, social media, and special events.
- Process all gifts using Bloomerang software, and in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Responsible for accurate gift data entry the production of donor acknowledgements within 48 hours of receipt.
- Analyze and track donor gifts with weekly and monthly reports, confirming and reconciling with development and accounting departments.
- Manage mailing lists used for electronic and print mailings, including processing and mailing invoices.
- Generate prospect research and analysis reports.
- Participate in plan for marketing, design and implementation of appeal campaigns, and other fundraising communications and strategies.
- Assist with coordination of special events including meetings, dinners, presentations, golf scramble, and others by providing minutes, records, reports, and day of event duties.
- Cultivation with Wesley Manor residents and the community-at-large.
- Attend and participate at in-service educational classes and on-the-job training programs as offered.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs and policies as scheduled (e.g., OSHA, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention, CDC, etc.)
Other Duties as Assigned: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with data entry systems, processing, and reporting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, accounting, and financial processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Project management skills, including ability to prioritize and work independently
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple projects to meet timelines and deadlines
- Exhibits professionalism, discretion, compassion, and confidentiality
- Willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
- A bachelor’s degree or 2 years’ experience with a nonprofit organization
- Database management experience preferred
$15.00 to $20.00 / hour
Full-time (32 hours per week)
- Apply online at https://wesman.org/about-us/career-opportunities/
- Wesley Manor does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
This job requires:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in maintenance and repairs of all types.
- Federal Background check showing no felonies
- Drug screening
- Personal cell phone
- Your own tools
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- A good work ethic and communication skills
- Working in extreme weather conditions and confined areas
- Heavy lifting, bending, walking, and climbing ladders
- General knowledge in safety, OSHA requirements
- Extra reliability and availability for emergency calls on a rotating schedule every third week including overnight, weekend, weather events, power outages, plumbing repairs, and fire alarms
- Report to Maintenance Director daily to ensure prompt, quality service to all residents/patients in our facility
- Complete daily work orders written by staff in a timely, cost-efficient manner
- Respond promptly and courteously to resident/patient requests
- Painting and renovation of vacant areas to make ready for new residents
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs of all types including commercial laundry and kitchen equipment, medical/therapeutic equipment, wheelchairs, beds, furniture, plumbing, electrical, painting, drywall and carpentry.
- EPA universal certification is desired
- Experience in health care, trade, or facility maintenance
$15.00 to $17.00 / hour
Who you will meet:
Aaron Pike–contact at 502.400.3212
Must complete Covid check in process before entering the facility. Must wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Dietary COOK–Full and Part-time Positions
Qualified applicants must be knowledgeable in quantity cooking and preparations with due regard to quality; must be able to prepare and cook residents’ diets in accordance with the diet orders and daily menus. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and menus and standardized recipes; understands and able to prepare therapeutic diets. Must be able to withstand exposure to extreme temperature changes (hot and cold, i.e walk- in freezers and refrigerators, ovens, steamers, steam tables, dish washing machine, etc.). Must have the ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Experience in healthcare preferred. Must be competent and conscientious with a customer-oriented approach. Benefits included. Interested applicants can call Diedra at (502) 969-3277 or e-mail resume to email@example.com.
Dietary Aides–Full and Part-time Positions
The Dietary department of Wesley Manor Retirement Community is currently looking for an AM and PM, full time and part time, qualified Dietary Aides who can prepare and serve food to the residents and clients in our retirement community. Experience in healthcare preferred but not required. We are looking for applicants who are capable of preparing and delivering food while adhering to all sanitary, safety and health standards. Must be competent and conscientious with a customer-oriented approach. Benefits included. Interested applicants can call Deidra at (502) 969-3277 or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a position, please complete the two forms included here:
2. Applicant Release for Background Reporting (NOTE: Kentucky requires a criminal background check prior to being hired by a retirement community)
Attach your completed forms to submit your application.
Wesley Manor does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Wesley Manor enjoys high staff retention. Many employees have served from 5 years to 40 years!
Or mail to:
Attn: Carol Ray
Wesley Manor Retirement Community
5012 East Manslick Road
Louisville, KY 40219
If there is an opening in your specialized area, you will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Wesley Manor Retirement Community.